An IT professional will be able to demonstrate the skills, knowledge, and abilities needed to integrate Red Hat Ceph Storage with Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform and configure advanced networking using the OpenStack Neutron service after completing this certification.
- An Red Hat Certified Systems Administrator (RHCSA) in Red Hat OpenStack interested in earning Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) in Red Hat OpenStack
- Experienced OpenStack system administrators responsible for the planning or deployment of Red Hat Ceph Storage as a backend for Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack
- Experienced OpenStack system administrators implementing complex software-defined networking for Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform using Neutron
- An RHCE (in Red Hat Enterprise Linux) interested in earning a Red Hat Certificate of Expertise or Red Hat Certified Architect (RHCA) credential that can apply towards RHCA certification.
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE®) certification or equivalent experience
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator in Red Hat OpenStack certification or equivalent experience
- Have taken Red Hat OpenStack Administration (CL210) course
YOUR ABILITIES AFTER THE COURSE:
- Installing and deploying Red Hat Ceph Storage
- Creating Ceph block devices
- Integrating Ceph Storage devices with OpenStack services such as Glance, Cinder and Nova
- Creating virtual network devices
- Managing advanced network services using the OpenStack Neutron Service
COURSE DURATION & EXAM:
4 days of classroom training
Recommended training: (CL310)
A candidate must pass the following exams to earn this credential:
EX210 – RHCSA in Red Hat OpenStack
EX310 – Red Hat Certified System Engineer in Red Hat OpenStack
COURSE CONTENT: CL310 :Red Hat OpenStack Administration
Introduction to Red Hat Ceph Storage
Introduce Red Hat Ceph Storage architecture, components, and attributes.
Describe Red Hat Ceph Storage components and features
Describe the components and features of Red Hat Ceph Storage.
Deploy and access Red Hat Ceph Storage
Create snapshots and clones for Red Hat Ceph Storage.
Create snapshots and clones
Manage snapshots and clones of a Ceph Block Device (RBD).
Ceph with the Glance Image service
Integrate Ceph with the OpenStack Glance Image service to store OpenStack images in Ceph.
Ceph with the Cinder Block Storage service
Integrate Ceph with the OpenStack Cinder Block Storage service to provide OpenStack volumes in Ceph.
Ceph with the Nova compute service
Integrate Ceph with the OpenStack Nova compute service to store instance data in Ceph.
Introduce networking fundamentals
Review networking concepts and deploy OpenStack with a separate Neutron networking node.
Manage network interfaces manually (using the ip command) and persistently.
Install and manage virtual network bridges.
Virtual network devices
Create and deploy virtual network devices.
Manage and implement networks inside a network namespace.
Verify and manage the Neutron services.
Provisioning tenant networks
Provision tenant networks using VXLAN tunnels, GRE tunnels, and VLANs.
Implementing load-balancer-as-a-service (LBaaS)
Neutron networking services
Diagnose and troubleshoot issues with the Neutron networking service.
Review tasks from the Red Hat OpenStack III course.