An IT professional has ability to demonstrated the skills, knowledge, and abilities needed to automate configuration management with Puppet, Red Hat Enterprise Linux , and Red Hat Satellite 6 once they had earned the Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Configuration Management with Puppet
- Experienced Linux system administrators responsible for the planning, deployment, and management of multiple physical or virtualized servers
- Experienced Linux systems administrators responsible for implementing DevOps practices
- An Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) interested in earning a Red Hat Certificate of Expertise or Red Hat Certified Architect (RHCA) credential
- Have received an Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) certification or have equivalent experience
Your abilities after the course:
- Install and configure Puppet.
- Create and maintain Puppet manifests.
- Create Puppet modules.
- Use facter to obtain system information.
- Work with Git repositories.
- Implement Puppet in a Red Hat Satellite 6 environment.
Course duration & Exam:
4days of classroom training
Recommended training: (D0405)
A candidate must pass the following exams to earn this credential:
EX405 – Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Configuration Management with Puppet exam
COURSE CONTENT:D405 :Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Configuration Management
Introduction to Red Hat Storage
Introduction to the course.
Identify system administration functions in Puppet
Identify system administration functions in Puppet code.
Describe the Puppet architecture and describe a state model.
Implement a Puppet manifest
Build, validate, and deploy a Puppet manifest.
Troubleshoot Puppet manifests
Find documentation and diagnose errors in Puppet manifests.
Implement Git to manage software.
Find information with Facter
View information about systems using Facter.
Implement Puppet modules
Create Puppet modules and implement classes in a manifest.
Implement relationships in a Puppet module
Implement namespaces, relationships, and dependencies in a Puppet module.
Implement variables and conditionals in a Puppet module
Implement variables and conditionals in a Puppet module.
Identify advanced system administration functions in Puppet
Identify advanced system administration functions in Puppet code.
Deploy and configure a Puppet master and a Puppet client.
Implement external Puppet modules
Implement Puppet modules from Puppet Forge.
Implement Puppet in a DevOps environment
Implement Puppet in a DevOps environment.
Implement Puppet in Red Hat Satellite 6
Implement Puppet in a Red Hat Satellite 6 environment.