An IT professional possesses the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform a number of tasks using Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform and Red Hat Enterprise Linux once they are certifies with Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Application Server Management.
- Experienced system administrators, who are using JBoss Operations Network to manage and monitor application systems.
- Base experience with system administration on Microsoft Windows, UNIX, or Linux operating systems
- Understanding of hardware and networking
- No prior knowledge of Java, scripting, or JBoss Developer Studio is required.
Your abilities after the course:
- Install, configure, and manage JBoss Operations Network server.
- Install, configure, and manage RHQ Agent on a managed platform.
- Install, configure, and manage JBoss Operations Network plug-in packs (both server and agent).
- Discover, manage, and monitor resources in JBoss Operations Network server, including grouping resources.
- Understand and use service metrics to monitor resources, including raising alerts.
- Use JBoss Operations Network to configure resources and deploy content and applications to remote services.
- Use JBoss Operations Network to monitor and manage configuration files on remote servers.
- Create and manage roles and users on JBoss Operations Network.
Course duration & Exam:
4days of classroom training
Recommended training: (JB234)
A candidate must pass the following exams to earn this credential:
EX234 – Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Application Server Management
COURSE CONTENT:JB234 :Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Application Server Management
Overview of JBoss Operations Network
Learn about the functionality of JBoss® Operations Network and its use cases. Also learn how to install a JBoss Operations Network Server, an Agent, and Agent Plug-ins.
Use the various types of groups available in JBoss Operations Network to organize and manage imported resources. Also learn how to customize the JBoss Operations Network dashboard.
Use JBoss Operations Network to monitor managed resources, including defining alerts, baselines, and notifications.
Learn the reporting features of JBoss Operations Network.
Provision servers and Java™ applications using the JBoss Operations Network bundling capabilities.
Use JBoss Operations Network to monitor various components of a Java EE application, including Enterprise JavaBeans, datasources, and JMS destinations.
Administering JBoss Operations Network
Configure the JBoss Operations Network server itself, including adding users and roles, configuring system settings, editing templates, and running CLI commands.
Use JBoss Operations Network to manage content, including defining content sources and using repositories to deploy new versions of packages and applications.
Learn how JBoss Operations Network can be configured to manage drift issues, including pinning snapshots and determining drift compliance.
High-availability JBoss Operations Network
Deploy multiple JBoss Operations Network servers in an HA environment, including defining Affinity Groups.