An IT professional who has earned the Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Ansible Automation has demonstrated the skills, knowledge, and abilities needed to use Ansible to automate the management and deployment of systems in an enterprise environment.
Study points for the exam
To help you prepare, the exam objectives highlight the task areas you can expect to see covered in the exam. Red Hat reserves the right to add, modify, and remove exam objectives. Such changes will be made public in advance.
Candidates should have the following skills and abilities:
- Understand core components of Ansible
- Configuration files
- Run ad-hoc Ansible commands
- Use both static and dynamic inventories to define groups of hosts
- Utilize an existing dynamic inventory script
- Create Ansible plays and playbooks
- Know how to work with commonly used Ansible modules
- Use variables to retrieve the results of running a commands
- Use conditionals to control play execution
- Configure error handling
- Create playbooks to configure systems to a specified state
- Selectively run specific tasks in playbooks using tags
- Create and use templates to create customized configuration files
- Work with Ansible variables and facts
- Create and work with roles
- Download roles from an Ansible Galaxy and use them
- Manage parallelism
- Use Ansible Vault in playbooks to protect sensitive data
- Install Ansible Tower and use it to manage systems
- Use provided documentation to look up specific information about Ansible modules and commands
- System administrators who need to manage large numbers of systems
- System administrators who work in a DevOps environment and who wish to automate a large part of their day-to-day workload
- Developers who have some basic systems administration background and who wish to incorporate automation into their development process
- A Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) interested in earning a Red Hat Certificate of Expertise or RHCA credential.
Candidates for this exam should:
- Red Hat recommends that candidates for the Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Ansible Automation exam (EX407) have taken Automation with Ansible (DO407) or have equivalent experience working with Ansible to configure systems.
- Red Hat also recommends candidates have earned Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) or higher or have equivalent systems administration experience.
- Automation with Ansible (DO407)
- Learn to write and manage Ansible playbooks and automate system administration tools.